Buddhism for Health
Provincial Coordinator in Pursat province
3 Assistants to the Provincial Coordinator in Kampong Speu, Kampong Cham and Thbong Khmum
Buddhism for Health (BfH) is a non- profit humanitarian local NGO that seeks to initiate and/or support the improvement of the health and social well-being of people, especially the poor and vulnerable, by increasing access to equitable primary healthcare.
BfH has been operating Social Health Protection Programs, including a Community Managed Health Equity Funds (CMHEFs) in the provinces of Takeo, Preah Sihanouk, Kampot, and Kep. Since 2014, with funding from USAID, BfH in partnership with URC support the establishment of CMHEFs in 9 more provinces namely, Pursat, Battambang, Banteay Mean Chey, Siem Reap, Kampong Speu, Prey Veng, Kampong Cham, Thbong Khmum, and Pailin.
BfH is now seeking for 4 qualified candidates to fill the positions as follows:
- Provincial Coordinator based in Pursat Province – 1 position
- Provincial Coordinator’s Assistant – 3 Positions (one in each province –Kampong Speu, Kampong Cham, and Thbong Khmum).
- Provincial Coordinator (PC)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a CMHEF program in the relevant target area according to the guidelines specified in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure that BfH functions effectively as the Community Mobilizer and Trainer of the CMHEF at Provincial Level
- Coordinate among all stakeholders, including Head Monks, high ranking officials of local authorities, Religious authorities, Health authorities, and other relevant agents to obtain their commitment and cooperation and ensure a good understanding of the program strategy and its goal, priortoimplementationinthetargetarea.
- Work closely with the local operator to establish the CMHEF in the coverage area of each Health Center and to empower community members to be active participants in this Health Project.
- Achieveandsustainoptimalcollaborationwiththepagodas,mosquesandtheirassociated community volunteers
- Coordinate with the local operator to select a suitable focal person to function as a member of the working group and provide necessary orientation.
- Work in consultation withProvincial and District Financial Steering Committees,toassign itsmemberstoparticipateinID-Poor Commune /Village WorkingGroupstoensuretransparencyandlegitimacyof thepre- identification.
- Work in consultation withProvincial and District Financial Steering Committees (P/DHFSC),toassign itsmemberstoparticipatein Commune/Village working Groups involved in identification of the Poor, toensuretransparencyandlegitimacyof thepre- identification process.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A relevant University Degree and 5 years’ experience in public health, community development or other relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working withVHSGs,HCMCs,HealthCare Providers(HCPs),P/DHFSC and the Community, especially the Poor.
- Experience in conducting and leading meetings and workshops at provincial and district level.
- Provincial Coordinator Assistant (03 positions)
Location: Kampong Speu, Kampong Cham and Thbong Khmum
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Provincial Coordinator in day-to-day implementation of the projected activities
- Ensure effective implementation and follow-up at the project sites of activities specified in the respective work plan as designed by BfH
- Strengthen the effectiveness and sustainability of the CMHEF by optimizing the degree of involvement of faith-based organizations and associated networks (Pagoda and Mosque Committees) as well as local administrative authorities
- Ensure best practices by BfH at the project sites through ongoing monitoring and evaluation of activities and through liaising with relevant individuals, authorities and organizations, with resulting timely corrective interventions when required
- Adhere to the maximum extent possible to the Standard Operating Procedure for Implementation of CMHEF, the main guidance document concerning these activities.
- Promote access to CMHEF and other social health protections’ benefits and services for respective beneficiaries
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines such as management, public healthor other related field.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- A working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills in office software (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, etc.)
- Leadership qualities with good interpersonal communication skills, team spirit and flexibility
- Strong ethical values, with high sense of responsibility, honesty, and accountability.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
How to apply for this position:
Interested candidates are requested to submit soft copies of cover letter explaining their motivation for the position together with a CV and salary expectation to email@example.com a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 PM on December 18, 2015.
*Candidates who live in the target provinces are encouraged to apply